Saturday, January 12, 2013

Buses, Trains, Planes, Ferries and Feet

This morning, after my iPad alarm clock rang, I used the same device to check Facebook (I am a product of my generation, I beg you not to judge me).  Something good came out of it, though.  Liz had put up photos from her winter break (she went all over the place), and she titled the album "Buses Trains, Planes, Ferries and Feet".  I liked the way it sounded so I picked up my journal, which is permanently on my nightstand, and wrote the following, all before getting out of bed.  This one is for you, cara Lisetta.

Buses, Trains, Planes, Ferries and Feet

Buses, trains, planes,
Ferries and feet,
Unaware of the things
And of the people I will meet. 

Planes, feet and ferries,
Buses and trains,
Each step of this journey
I am breaking free of the chains
Of ignorance, of motionlessness, and of fear.

I feel with my heart as well as with my hands,
I see with my soul as well as with my eyes,
And with my head I think, I learn, I wonder, I fly.

Because flights do not only leave from airports.

I took a bus to a city nearby
And a plane to one far away
I took a train to somewhere in the middle
I've gotten lost, but I've never gone astray.

I've got a journey bug, now.
Wanderlust, I think it's usually called.
But for me, to wander is to be aimless,
And I have very clear intentions.

This world is so big.  There are
So many places to see,
Infinite things to learn,
And new people I'd like to greet. 
I'm thankful to my heart and to my mind for pushing me out the door,
And I am grateful for the buses, trains and planes,
For the ferries, and for my feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment