Saturday, December 8, 2012

general goings on and updates

On Friday, the director of the magazine I am interning for while here in Florence sent me to a Vintage exhibit at il Museo del Tessuto (the Textile Museum) in Prato, a small city not far from Florence.  The city is famous for textiles, and has been for an incredibly long time.  I was originally supposed to go on a press bus with professional journalists...but I missed it.  Luckily I was near Santa Maria Novella, so I bought a train ticket and got there on my own.  When I got to the museum I met up with the group I was supposed to have started the day with- this group was made of up almost entirely of middle aged journalists who looked quite confused by my presence.  The exhibit was small, but gorgeous.  It was tasteful, artistic, and at the end they set up a small vintage shop for anyone interested in making a purchase.  (Well not anyone, rich people.  Stuff was EXPENSIVE).  Despite my morning mishaps, I had a pleasant afternoon at the museum.  An afternoon spent with vintage Valentino is an afternoon well spent in my book.

 


In other news, I only have three more days of classes until my FABULOUS winter break.  I have a little more work and a lot of Christmas shopping to do before I leave, but whether or not I get it all done I am arriving in Milan (with the beautiful and lovely Ellen Pizzuto) at 2:40 pm Thursday afternoon!  I'll be there until Sunday the 16th, and that night Ellen and I fly to PARIS.  Then, on the 22nd, I am flying to Naples for the holidays.  My parents and sisters are meeting me there, and it will be the first time we are in Italy for Christmas with my dad's family in (I think) sixteen years.  We'll be there until January 5th, at which point my parents and sisters will go back to the states, and I will go visit some cousins in northern Italy for a few days before coming back to Florence.  Needless to say, I am very excited!  I will try to update this blog with happenings from my trip, but I can't make any promises.  I might be too busy doing something fabulous.  I will keep my journal with me though, and I will eventually share everything with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment